7digital Staff Picks for Valentine’s Day – The Good, the Bad and the Ugly…Posted by Caroline Leeming on February 14th, 2013 – 8 Comments
Ah, l’Amour… The source of life’s greatest joys and deepest sorrows; a force of nature so mysterious it’s inspired millions of magnificent songs; an emotion so universal that card companies have dedicated an entire day of every year to celebrating it… Whatever your thoughts on the Valentine’s Day phenomenon itself, February 14th is the perfect opportunity to luxuriate in a love song or twelve.
With that in mind, we asked our team to get in the mood for love and share what music comes to mind on Valentine’s Day. You can check out their eclectic (and sometimes questionable) choices below.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
- The Beach Boys - God Only Knows
- Frank Sinatra – The Way You Look Tonight
- Stevie Wonder – My Cherie Amour
- Chicago - If You Leave Me Now
- The Knife – Heartbeats
- Beirut – Postcards from Italy
- Eels – Fresh Feeling
- Dirty Projectors – Two Doves
An emotional time not long ago
- Joy Division – Love Will Tear Us Apart
- Prince – When Doves Cry
- Billy Bragg – Must I Paint You A Picture
- Talking Heads – Road to Nowhere
Soulful / R&B love
Let’s get it on…
- The Isley Brothers - Between the Sheets
- Jagged Edge - Put A Little Umph In It
- Flight of the Conchords - Business Time
- Psychedelic Furs – I Wanna Sleep With You
Songs for the cynics
Ok, really people?!